A Brief History of Waitangi Day Culture Trip
Treaty of Waitangi For Dummies supports the 'Keep Water Kiwi' campaign KEEPING THE PUBLIC IN THE DARK To recap – the debate over the ownership of New Zealand’s fresh water re-emerged in 2012, when the Maori Council lodged a claim for a proprietary right to water with the Waitangi Tribunal, ahead of the government’s partial privatisation of state-owned power companies.... Treaty of Waitangi in Maori. Most chiefs signed the Maori text of the Treaty. This text was signed at Waitangi on 6 February 1840, and thereafter in the north and at Auckland.
All about the Treaty booklet NZHistory
The articles in the Treaty of Waitangi are those set down in the English and the Maori version, and are contained in schedule 1 of the Treaty of Waitangi Act. Rt Hon Winston Peters : …... The Treaty of Waitangi is the founding document of New Zealand. It is an agreement entered into by representatives of the Crown and of Maori iwi (tribes) and hapu (sub-tribes). It is named after the place in the Bay of Islands where the Treaty was first signed, on 6 February 1840. The Treaty was not drafted as a constitution or a statute. It was a broad statement of principles upon which the
23093 Treaty of Waitangi Print-friendly resources
The Treaty of Waitangi (1840) is New Zealand’s founding document and has major significance for human rights and harmonious race relations in New Zealand. The four articles of the Treaty reflect fundamental human rights principles.... The Treaty of Waitangi (known as ‘Te Tiriti o Waitangi’ in Te Reo Maori) is New Zealand’s founding document. Signed on February 6, 1860, the Treaty was an agreement between the British Crown and the indigenous Maori people. Its name stems from the place where it was signed – Waitangi …
THE TREATY OF WAITANGI NZCPR Site
Treaty of Waitangi Journal articles are written by experts in the field and are an excellent source for current and original research; often on quite specific aspects of a topic. Databases provide you with access to an increasing amount of articles which will help you …... 2 Bishop Manu Bennett, cited in Human Rights Commission (2003), Human Rights and the Treaty of Waitangi: te mana i Waitangi (Auckland: Human Rights Commission) 3 Article 2 of the Treaty also gave the Crown the right of pre-emption or hokonga (buying and selling).
Treaty Of Waitangi Articles Pdf
Principles of the Treaty Waitangi Tribunal
- A Brief History of Waitangi Day Culture Trip
- 7 The Treaty of Waitangi in regulatory design and practice
- The Treaty of Waitangi Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- Waitangi Tribunal Waitangi Tribunal
Treaty Of Waitangi Articles Pdf
in the Treaty of Waitangi (Treaty) that requires it to be incorporated into a written constitution, and having the effect of conferring sovereignty in and over New Zealand on twenty first century Maori.
- Treaty of Waitangi. Te Tiriti o Waitangi was signed in 1840. This topic covers our founding document, the different versions, main signatories, loss of treaty rights, impact on Maori, protests, timeline settlements, and work by the Waitangi Tribunal.
- The Treaty of Waitangi was signed by Maori rangatira, or chiefs, and representatives of the British Crown in 1840. The Treaty has 3 articles.
- Partnership, participation and protection Partnership. Partnership is about working together with young people, their family/whanau, iwi and hapu so that they are all involved in …
- M L M Tankersley: “The Treaty of Waitangi and Community Development” (2004) 4 Article 3 gave Maori the same rights and privileges as British subjects.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Gilmore ACT, Denman Prospect ACT, Queanbeyan ACT, Conder ACT, Watson ACT, ACT Australia 2652
- New South Wales: Wallendbeen NSW, Greenlands NSW, Callala Bay NSW, Brandy Hill NSW, Glendon Brook NSW, NSW Australia 2066
- Northern Territory: Lambells Lagoon NT, Alice Springs NT, Tanami NT, Coconut Grove NT, Anindilyakwa NT, Muirhead NT, NT Australia 0889
- Queensland: Taromeo QLD, Margate QLD, Sugarloaf QLD, Garradunga QLD, QLD Australia 4098
- South Australia: Marla SA, Barossa Goldfields SA, Semaphore Park SA, Quorn SA, Mount Mary SA, Bugle Ranges SA, SA Australia 5061
- Tasmania: Spring Beach TAS, Lindisfarne TAS, National Park TAS, TAS Australia 7057
- Victoria: Noorat VIC, Walpa VIC, Blackburn North VIC, Olinda VIC, Big Desert VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Mindarie WA, Nulsen WA, Jerramungup WA, WA Australia 6069
- British Columbia: Armstrong BC, Quesnel BC, Chase BC, Burnaby BC, Terrace BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W9
- Yukon: Lorne YT, Scroggie Creek YT, Takhini YT, Montague YT, McQuesten YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C2
- Alberta: Beaumont AB, Black Diamond AB, Hughenden AB, Spruce Grove AB, Vulcan AB, Barrhead AB, AB Canada, T5K 1J9
- Northwest Territories: Fort Liard NT, Fort McPherson NT, Fort Resolution NT, Inuvik NT, NT Canada, X1A 7L4
- Saskatchewan: Aylesbury SK, Netherhill SK, St. Benedict SK, Brock SK, Weirdale SK, Meota SK, SK Canada, S4P 8C2
- Manitoba: McCreary MB, McCreary MB, Lynn Lake MB, MB Canada, R3B 5P8
- Quebec: Kingsbury QC, Saint-Felicien QC, Pointe-des-Cascades QC, L'Epiphanie QC, Dunham QC, QC Canada, H2Y 7W9
- New Brunswick: Saint-Leolin NB, Saint-Francois-de-Madawaska NB, Riverview NB, NB Canada, E3B 2H6
- Nova Scotia: Cumberland NS, New Waterford NS, Liverpool NS, NS Canada, B3J 5S7
- Prince Edward Island: Annandale-Little Pond-Howe Bay PE, Union Road PE, Victoria PE, PE Canada, C1A 8N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Long Harbour-Mount Arlington Heights NL, Raleigh NL, Gillams NL, Beachside NL, NL Canada, A1B 2J7
- Ontario: St. Johns, Brant County ON, Wheatley ON, Ashburn ON, Jackson's Point, Sparkle City ON, Don Mills ON, Crooked Bay ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L2
- Nunavut: Gjoa Haven NU, Grise Fiord NU, NU Canada, X0A 1H1
- England: Watford ENG, Atherton ENG, Bolton ENG, Durham ENG, Bloxwich ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 1A6
- Northern Ireland: Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Belfast NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H1
- Scotland: Kirkcaldy SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Paisley SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Dunfermline SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 4B9
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Newport WAL, Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, Barry WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 2D8